• 2 pound(s) diced boneless pork
• 3 tablespoon(s) Crisco
• 1 cup(s) flour
• 1 tablespoon(s) black pepper
• 1 tablespoon(s) crushed dried oregeno
• 1 tablespoon(s) granulated garlic or fresh crushed garlic
• 1/2 tablespoon(s) salt
• 58 ounce(s) white or golden hominy
• 2 pound(s) roasted, peeled, chopped Young Guns Hatch Green Chile
• one cup of Hatch Green Chile wine
1. Combine flour and spices into a large bowl. Roll diced pork in flour mixture then shake off the excess flour. Set aside.
2. In a large heavy stockpot or cast iron Dutch oven, melt the crisco until very hot. Add the pork and brown until crisp on the outside. Do not drain.
3. Add 2 cans of hominy. Do not drain. Fill one can with water and add to pan.
4. Add 1 cup of Hatch Green Chile wine.
5. Bring pork and hominy to a rolling boil then reduce heat to low. Add roasted Hatch green chile and diced onion and cook for 1 hour.
6. Serve with fine chopped fresh cilantro; fine chopped fresh green onion and fresh lime.
7. Pair with a glass of Hatch Green Chile Wine.