Job Opening: Accounts Payable Clerk Position Available
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform each function in Accounts Payable in order to ensure proper processing of all bills, credit card transactions, and ensure proper payments to vendors. Responsible for confidentiality of all company information, taking initiative to support the goals and objectives of the Accounting department, and contributing to the team effort of the department. Duties include:
- Maintain and update all account payable data and ensure accuracy in general ledgers
- Manage and prepare all bills on an everyday basis and send for approvals
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email
- Manage and ensure vendor receives 1099 forms, that we receive forms back completed, and data is input in system
- Coordinate with various departments and ensure appropriate coding of all transactions
- File, maintain, and distribute accounting documents, records and reports
- Code such items as invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc., with correct codes conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system
- Attach the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders
- Prepare batch check runs, enter wire transfers, and enter ACH transactions timely
- Reconcile various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards
- Receive, research, and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons
- Perform audits on various expense accounts for internal use
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate degree preferred
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Apply online here, or in person at 1325 De Baca Rd SE, in the Accounting office located behind the tasting room.